[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RF sent to bed without supper

At 07:28 PM 4/20/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Dr. Resonance" <Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net>
>
>to: Yuri
>
>An extension cord ground is usually only 12 or 14 AWG wire.  Your peak
>secondary currents may be as high as 50-60 amps or more.  This is why a
>separate cable is recommended for grounding the bottom of the sec coil.  Use
>4 or 6 AWG fine stranded welding cable -- very flexible and the fine copper
>wires conduct the RF currents well.  If you are doing a remote demo and you
>don't have a good exterior ground then clip to a water pipe with a big
>copper alligator clip.

   	Why then does the 28 guage enamel wire that makes up the coil withstand
  those amperage levels?  Does the ground need to be of a fairly low guage
because
it doesn't form a part of the lump inductance of the coil, because of high
current,
or for some other reason?  I would appreciate if you'd clarify this.
		--Mike