[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The unit of a "Faraday"

The faraday is a constant and can be defined as the unit of electrical charge
carried by an Avogadro's number of unit charges. According to my old but trusty
Mechanical Engineer's Handbook (Marks, et al),  its value is 96,500
Coulombs (only
approximate, since the exact value depends on the method of measurement).
The unit
is used in electro-chemistry technology.

Federico Price