[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The unit of a "Faraday"

Brent:

Ah, the semantics of a title!

Yes, the faraday can be considered a unit, secondary because it can be defined
in terms of another unit, which in turn is derived from the basic meter,
kilogram and second.... plus physical measurements used in determining the unit
charge e and  Avogadro's "number" or "constant of nature",   In this sense the
coulomb is also a secondary unit...

I'm unhappy to continue in the Tesla List for this.  Shall we continue
elsewhere
or by direct email?

Thanks for your thoughtful comment.

Federico Priec