[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

This week's update....

Made 3 secondary coil forms for Project 1:
     1: 6" X 24" Windings with 1/2" clear on top and 6" clear on
bottom. Tube get's 1/2" bigger in dia. right below the windings (for
connecting 2 lengths together.
     2: 6" X 24" Windings with 5" clear at top and 6" clear at
bottom.
     3" 6" X 60" Windings, leftover tubing.

     All three tubes will be power washed (after we've already
cleaned them throughly) then baked dry, then dipped in Enamel/Varnish
and baked again between coats.(5 coats)
     After being cleaned and sealed, they go on a lathe and get spun
with 20 AWG High Temp/Moisture resistant motor winding wire. BTW the
wire comes in a bucket, not on a spool, weird...
     Once wound, checked for overlaps,kinks, and other anomale, they
get the dip and bake again for another 5 coats.
     We should have them back within a week.

Alright, now I've got a selection of secondaries. I've got the 3
nst's 15KV-at-30 12KV-at-30 7.5KV-at-100, and I'm NOT paralelling them. (I had
to go through hell to get them and can't easily replace them,
otherwise I would. I'm rather curious to see, you know?)
   I've also got a matched set of four FIT's (Furnace Ignition
Xformers) rated 10KV-at-23.
What next? I'd like to build an MMC and have a source for bags of 100
of 1250V caps (I can't remember the ratings...).
Should I start the gap now? I'd like to start with a simple static
for testing and then go with a rotary.
I've seen a static gap made around the inside of a piece of PVC pipe,
how do I do this? I think I"ve got it, but not sure.
Why do static gaps always have a bunch of little gaps instead of just
one? Quenching?
What is this Quenching on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd? What's the best?
I'm thinking of scroungeing sone soft copper tubing for the primary,
what size? 1/4" 3/8" 1/2"?
Should I just use copper flat stock? 2" X 25' or so? Or will corona
losses eat me?

In other news...we finally registered all our licenses. The Geek
Group is now a licensed, legeal, and official entity. Now we need
venture capital!

With hardened enamel under my nails...
-The Coronaphile-
(he's gonna kill me for this...;-)