[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Small nsts w/ delusions of granduer

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "chris morgan" <crmorgan-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> If I took a 7.5kV/30mA NST, and ran 220 V though it would it act as a
> 15 kV/30mA NST?
>
> Chris, via the inter-thingy

Chris,

I think it would actually act like a 15kV / 60mA NST for about a second
or so, then like a smokebomb, or an "electrical-fire-in-a-box". People
have had limited success overvolting neons, but only about 10-20%, and
for short runs. You can series the primaries and parallel the
secondaries of two units with 220 and get 7.5 kV -at- 60mA.

 There may be a way to hook up two units with 220 and get twice the
voltage at the same current rating of each individual unit (15 kV -at-
30mA) but as the secondaries are center-grounded, you would have to bias
the cases or something, and they would no longer be safe to
touch...Anyone know for sure?