[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Another Cap/Resistor Question

Hi Adam,

	Across each cap.  I work with high voltage supplies and since they are
made in quantity, we will see a percentage of failures without individual
drain resistors on the caps.  This is due to them unevenly charging over
time even though they are in an AC application.  Many have not used these
resistors without any problems but... the first question I'll ask when
something does blow is if they used resistors or not...  Admittedly, the
power supplies are in use 24 hours a day so perhaps I am just overly
cautious.  Time will tell if this is a problem in our short duration TC use.

	Terry