[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Torroid

<< Howdy all,
>    Thanx to all who commented on the coil I am presently building.  Several
> changes have been made and the project is proceeding.
>    Next question: I will be using 4 in. aluminum ducting for the torroid.
> How is this attached to the secondary?? I know this is a really dumb
> question, but, I thought I would go ahead and get the dumb questions out of
> the way.
> Thanx again

>George Stein

George,

Many folks pop rivot, glue or tape a round disc of metal to fill the
center of the toroid.  Since I'm a little lazy at times, I just cut two
lengths of flat curtain rod material, a little longer than the diameter
of the toroid center hole, and then I drill a hole in the center of each
curtain rod, and mount both rods on top of the coil using one nut on
top of the two rods which are placed at 90% angles (criss-cross).  I
leave the ends of the rods rough from the hacksaw cutting operation,
so the ends dig into the toroid a little and get a grip.  I just place the
toroid on top of the criss crossed rods, and it stays there fine.  For
different toroids, I use different length rods as needed.  This method,
as well as various other methods, such as a system for easy to
adjust variable coupling, etc, are shown on my videotapes.  E-mail
me if you'd like a complete index of my tapes.

John Freau