[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: newbie here, sorry for interrupting....

Hi Alan,

> Original Poster: Alan Podjursky <alan.p-at-clear-dot-net.nz>
>
> sorry for intruding, but i have a question...
>
> I couldn't find a nice neon transformer place here in Wanganui, New Zealand
> and can't find any leads on local places with HV xformers, so I decided to
> make me a solid state tesla coil (Steve Gantt's plans). The worst thing on
> this plan is importing the amidon thingy.

Can you be more specific about the core specification? I routinely
use cores recovered from scrapped electronics for many purposes and
one does not have to be stuck with a specific core in 99% of cases.

> My question is, does anyone have any advice for me? I've wound 700-800mm of
> #26 SWG wire on  a 100mm PVC tube so far. By hand. Pipe lying on the floor.
> Aggghhh!
>
> another question, any NZ'ers who can tell me where to get a HV xformer for
> tesla usage?

Your best bet for transformers is either an appliance repair shop
which is throwing written-off uWave ovens out to the dump, or a neon
sign manufacturer.