[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More RFI filter testing...

Hi Antonio,

I just ordered the ferrites up.  About 1 inch long with 1/4 and 1/2 inch
holes in them to fit my gap electrodes perfectly!  Of course, Digi-Key had
them! :-)

I will be able to put two on my two big 1/2 inch stationary electrodes and
four on the four 1/4 inch spinning electrodes.  I wonder if it will help or
not?  The ferrites are really cheap and have many uses so no big deal if
they don't work.  If they do work, it will be great!!!

Interesting that you have seen these things too.  It should be very common
for high voltage sparking things.  I cannot really trust any measurements
like you ask because the RFI swamps the true voltage...  I hope the
ferrites might help the zero current crossing spikes if nothing else...

My RFI is not that big of deal but this is just one of those areas that
needs to be explored.  I still wonder why Richie has had such sever
problems with it.  I wonder if one of the lower noise frequencies has
happened to hit a television IF frequency or something like that??

Cheers,

	Terry