[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Danger, and I don't understand why.

In a message dated 8/14/99 1:56:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Could it be the capacitance between the NST windings to the case ? Is
>  the centre-tap actually grounded to the case ? If not, it's
>  conceivable that a charge could sit on the windings (which are of
>  course well insulated) when switched off. This charge would of course
>  be between windings and ground, not across the windings.

I believe that the center-tap is grounded to the case. Well i just hope that
this doesn't happen again.(this was the first time its happened in my 3
months of using the NST's for jacobs ladders.
Thanks a lot for all the replys,
Alan