[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Back from the overworked

All Coilers on the list:

Sorry I haven't had a chance to contribute lately, but we have been
trying to keep up with work etc. A friend and myself,( along with Bill
the Arcstarters advice), are attempting to build a 28KVA System for
display.   My part is the RSG.

I plan to use a 2hp sync motor.

Has anyone on the list ever used "ultra high molecular  weight
polyetheylene" for the rotor matl on an RSG? (I'm not sure of the
spelling).  This plastic is white and seems to have good strength.
I plan to rotate eight tungsten points mounted near the outside diameter
of the disc through two sets of stationary gaps,  (Also tungsten).

I am curious about the heat and insulation properties of this plastic. (
We will be using a 17,000 volt tank circuit.)  The rotating disc will be
.75 inch thick and 9.5 inches in diameter.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Cliff Fahrer