[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Danger, and I don't understand why.

> > >hi there all,
>
> I'm a newcomer in teslacolisproblems. I need information:
>
> what is a copper magnetic wire?
> is it a wire with magnetic effecience without a current like a permanent
> magnet? I can't believe that.
>
> regards
>

> stone

No, thinner gauges of insulated copper wire such as #23 are termed magnet
wire. In order to produce a magnetic field of observable strength about
20,000 winds are needed without a ferromagnetic core. I have produced
magnetic fields from such a 80 lb spool of 23 gauge wire that has a 1000 ohm
resistance. I have also been able to resonate such a coil at 60 hz, and
obtain high frequency effects by introducing an arc gap. The arc gap is used
to change the 60 hz frequency. HDN

Get FREE voicemail, fax and email at http://voicemail.excite-dot-com
Talk online at http://voicechat.excite-dot-com