[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Vf,Zo,R,G,L,C.....

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Vf,Zo,R,G,L,C.....
> Date: Wednesday, December 30, 1998 2:21 PM
>
> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twf-at-verinet-dot-com>
>
> Hi Antonio,
>
> 	I tried modeling high and low loss lines with the same L and C
parameters.
>  The frequencies stayed exactly the same.  Only the Q changes.  Perhaps
the
> L and C parameters in a real system are frequency dependant to some
degree.

The resonant frequency in a heavily loaded (i.e. Low Q) system is slightly
different from the resonant frequency of an unloaded system. The resonance
frequency is just the places where the square root term in the quadratic
formula (+/- sqrt(b^2-4ac)) goes through zero. If you look at it as a pole
zero plot, the two poles are at + and - j*omega for the unloaded case. As
the damping increases, they come off the j omega axis, while still staying
on a circle of the same radius. For small amounts of damping, the frequency
doesn't change much (sin theta = theta for small angles), but as the
damping increases, the frequency drops.