[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Snow on telly, help needed !

"I have some questions:-

1. Can I realistically hope to run a 2kW RQ-gap TC in a domestic garage
   without causing ANY snow on neighbours televisions ?

2. If so,  what am I doing wrong ?

3. Is my ground sufficient and wired correctly.

3. Is some filtering on the HV side of the transformer likely to help ?

"

1. NO!  Just don't do it too often and you should be able to live with
your neighbors.

	I strongly suspect your interference is being radiated directly from
the primary circuit, which will have resonances in the VHF range as well
as those at the regular primary frequency .  I see the same sort of
thing here and I'm sure the rest of the crew does too.  The peak powers
are enormous, the spectrum is very broad, and I suspect that such
interference is inevitable unless you run inside a cage.

Ed