[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

EMMC and big TCs and 1.2kw flyback and IGBT Qs

Hello Everybody

Recently I have been thinking of my biggest TC yet.  I have planned to
make it the dimensions to 24(diameter)*80(height) inches.  I put the
values in to WinTesla(my thanks to the creators), turned the AWG down to
10 to get about 700 turns.  Then I look at the amount of wire I need and
practically have a heart attack.  4500 ft of AWG 10?? That is like a few
hundred USD.  My question is, have I made a mistake or is these something
that I am missing?

Question about MMC's:  How is it possible to use such low value voltage
strings in a  EMMC(like only 50% more)?  I have seen the voltages on a
5/30 NST ratchet up to 13kv with only 1nf, unless it is just that my
multimeter, which is not true RMS, can not read the voltage right with
non-sines.

My current(NPI) flyback driver uses a simple push-pull MOSFET config.  It
is approximately 1.2kw and runs off of only 40v(!!!).  I am using a
multivibrator.  What is the advantage of using a resonant topology to
drive a TC primary to just having the multivibrator run at the TC freq?
Another question, is it possible to use a arc welder as a _high_ power
supply?

Does anybody know a good mail order source for IGBTs?  I have recently
acquired a 600v xformer and am hungry to drive it.

Much Thanks

Bryan
Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/dynoget/tagj.