[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tranny

Hello all,

This is sort of related...

How about a three-phase tesla coil? If one has a three phase transformer,
and access to said three phases, couldn't a TC system be built around a
SG to sequentially fire each phase, three pulse cap banks, and a single
pri/sec?
I've never heard of anyone building such a system, but it has been
floating around in my head for a while, though I don't forsee ever having
the neccesary access to three-phase AC to try the idea out. Hmmm...

You certainly would have a much higher (total)break rate, though each cap
bank would only see 1/3 of that. 360bps (300bps) with as much power in
each bang as 120bps (100bps) would give with 60(50)Hz. Mightn't it mimic
a DC coil at lower break rates?

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999 07:20:41 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: Edward Wingate <ewing7-at-frontiernet-dot-net>

<snippo>

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/dynoget/tagj.