[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: drying coil forms

Justin: I am using thinwall (1/8") Plexiglas for my secondary. yes, it costs
much more, but it is not hydroscopic and does not require and extensive
drying and sealing procedure. And some say that the clear plastic looks
'nicer' with the golden glow of the magnet wire and polyurethane.
I also plan to use discs to close each end, following RQ's suggestions. I
will also NOT use a typical, flammable, plastic adhesive. Instead I'll seal
the discs with "Plastic Steel' a 2-part epoxy.
That's my view.

Ted

P.S. I am familiar with the term 'Perspex' from all those 007 novels. Seems
Mr. Bond was always hitting someone's head against the material <smile>
Subject: drying coil forms

Original Poster: Justin Gould <justing.mrl-at-dubbo.nsw.gov.au>

Does anyone have any experience with secondary forms made from other
materials?
For example, would a perspex (Plexiglas for those in the US) be a feasible
solution?

Justin