[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: drying coil forms

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Justin Gould <justing.mrl-at-dubbo.nsw.gov.au>
>
> Does anyone have any experience with secondary forms made from other
materials?
> For example, would a perspex (plexiglass for those in the US) be a feasible
> solution?
>
> Justin

hi Justin ...

I have used phenolic, cardboard ( sealed and unsealed) PVC,
Lexan/Lucite, and fiberglass tubes as forms for secondaries ( im also
into hi powered rocketry thus the wide variety of tube forms) and what i
have found is that the lexan/lucite gives me the best performance
BUT.... it is pricey  very pricey... it runs about 17 cents X the
circumference X the height    aka  an 18 inch dia tube 24 in long is
about 235 $

if price is no matter  go for the lexan/lucite    but if you have a
limited budget PVC is great ( be sure to use the sewer type pipe    it
is thin walled

if you want a wide variety of diameters ( 2-18" )  try checking out the
rocketry supply areas

Scot D