[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Figure-8 secondary

Hello, All

I recently recieved a copy of "Modern Tesla Coil Design Thoery" by Duane
Bylund, and there were descriptions and a picture of a secondary design
that I've never seen or heard of before.

It was wound on two 22" lengths of 2" plastic pipe, with each winding
forming a figure-8, though each loop consisted of two complete turns. The
coil was bottom-fed from a VTTC magnifier setup, and performed as well as
any of the other coils he used with it.

Anybody else ever tried a secondary like this?  I think I may, just for
kicks...

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com