[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2 NST

In a message dated 12/9/1999 4:08:28 PM Mountain Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Original Poster: Ted Rosenberg <TRosen1-at-Tandy-dot-com>
>
>  I have an opportunity to obtain two 15KV 30mA for a decent price.
>  How are they connected together to provide the same output as one 15KV
60mA?
>  or can they?
>
>  Is there a down side to doing this?
>
>  Thanks for all the good info from everyone!
>
>  Ted
This is easy, but you need to be careful not to get shocked in the process.
I used a plastic rod and electrical tape to bring HV leads together.  .  If
they are the same brand, they will most likely be the same in wiring, but it
doesn't hurt to confirm it anyway.
    First connect 110V power cords to each unit and a length of wire to the
output of one side of one unit long enough to reach both terminals of the
other transformer.  If you then energize both transformers, the wire from the
HV terminal(that has been taped to a plastic rod)  will arc to the one of the
output terminals of the other transformer when you bring it to close
proximity.  Find out which terminal that it DOES NOT arc to and these are the
ones to connect in parallel.
Hope this is clear enough,
Mike