[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla's Energy Transmission (Warning Long Post)

Hi All,
         I just thought I'd put in my 2 penorth' (3.29c) about how the tesla
energy transmission system was supposed to work.
There are many fundamental misunderstandings of this system widely
propogated.  I have examined all of then and this is the only one that makes
sense to me.

The key to understanding the tesla magnifier system is to realise that the
standard  treatment of the electrical ground plane as something capable of
sinking/sourcing infinite charge simply does not apply to a system as large
as the Colorado Springs system.
When the terminal of the Colorado Springs system was charged to 10MV the
ground below the transmitter became negative to the tune of 100 million
joules. This wave of negative charge was then conducted through the earth
until it bounced off the other side.
It is this key point that explains the tesla system of wireless power
transmission:  The wave is a wave of charge which is conducted through the
earth.  It is quite correct to say that you cannot transmit power
electromagnetically at 5% loss around the globe - this is not an
electromagnetic system.  This allows the very low losses that tesla claimed.
The proof of this system was the stepped resonant rise that tesla observed in
the spark output of his system - as the resonant wave within the earth was
added to on each return cycle the spark output grew until the arcs were 120
feet long.  At this point level the wave was carrying enormous power - each
return cycle representing over 1 Giga Joule.  This would indicate that this
is about the energy that tesla could sustain the wave at with 125kVA input,
ie. that there was 125kVA being dissipated into the earth at 1GJ wave energy.
 This would mean that the calculated loss is about 1.2%.
Tesla's published figure was 5% - It would be reasonable to assume that he
expected large losses in the recieving stations and that he was accounting
for the inefficiencies of his equipment - not the underlying loss within the
earth.

Hope this clarifies things for some of you.

BTW:Has anyone heard from a guy named F David Peat ?

Regards
Nick Field