[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

The ultimate MMC cap

Hi All,
         just to offer some help to those of you in a quandry (ahhh the
english language) over which caps to use for your mmc.  After looking at the
wima, philips and RS capacitors I've found the ones that I think are the best
value for the performance.
These are the philips 376 high pulse series.  These have a dv/dt of
10000V/µs, which makes them the highest pulse rated caps available for the
price. The voltage rating is also the best for the price.  The 0.047µF 2kV
units cost £0.333 (55c) each in 100+ quantities. Unlike the wima units the ac
rating does not seem to be disproportionate to the DC rating as the ratings
increase - the 2kV units are rated at 650VAC.
I'm using 300 of these in my big coil and actually running them at the
datasheet ac rating.  Just thought I'd alert you guys to this capacitor as I
haven't seen anyone else using them.

Regards
Nick field