[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Energy Transmission

12/11/99

Whoa! Pardners,

Let's not be too harsh on ol' Nick.  There IS experimental evidence of earth
electrical resonance as postulated by Tesla.

Charles Yost's original experimental work addressed this very issue and is
reported in his excellent monograph of 1983 entitled "THE TESLA
EXPERIMENT -- Lightning & Earth Electrical Resonance".

Following in Tesla's footsteps, Yost built an electric field meter for
measuring lightning electrostatic discharge and electrical earth resonance.
It was an odd pyramidal structure with a copper ball electrode 32 feet high.
Electrostatic measurements were monitored on a storage oscilloscope inside
the structure below.  It was quite sensitive and could detect lightning over
100 miles away on a clear day.  I 1981 had the opportunity to meet Yost on
other business in the mountains of western North Carolina and see his
strange contraption.  I did not know what it was and did not ask.  About
1995 I read his monograph and when I saw the pictures immediately recognized
it.

Tesla proposed that lightning was an earth resonance phenomenon and also
stated the resonance would occur at 1/4 and other odd 1/4 multiples of the
Earth diameter.  Yost succeeded in measuring earth resonant wave forms not
only most prominently at 1/4 D (Earth Diameter), but also higher order
harmonics; particularly odd ordered 1/8 D periods.  His data is tabulated in
both time periods and in Earth diameters.  His 1/16 harmonics were not as
clearly resolved due to his inability to resolve them clearly enough on his
1983 HP storage scope.  He has good graphs, data and pictures of his
apparatus.  He gives a fairly detailed explanation of the Earth electrical
model.

"Tesla's objective at Colorado Springs was to verify that the Earth could be
electrically resonated.  He did not strive to produce lightning; and,
ironically it was a sign of failure when his experiments resulted in
lightning displays.  Tesla continued his Colorado Springs experiments in
order to determine how to prevent sparks since they represented a breakdown
in the electric fields he was trying to sustain.  Finally, he concluded his
investigation with the claim that he had indeed learned how to control the
wild spark." according to Yost.

The 38 page monograph is available from The Tesla Book Company, PO Box
121873, Chula Vista, CA  1-800-398-2056 or if they no longer have it contact
Charles Yost at Electric Space Craft Journal, Leicester, NC.

RWW