[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: V-27 tube coil with staccato pulsing

Hi Ralph,

	I ran into this power thing during MMC design.  All else being equal, if
you double the BPS rate, the power dissipated in the caps (proportional to
system power?) also doubles.  So the BPS rate is directly proportional to
power.  A sync gap gives twice the power as a non-sync rotary due to the
incorrect presentations a non-sync rotary gives.  Of course, there are some
details with all this.  If you double the BPS the charging circuit also
changes which makes things messy in practice.

	Basically, if you charge a cap to a given energy energy level on each
bang, the system power is just dirctly proportional to the bang rate per
second.  At least that's how I see it.

Cheers,

	Terry