[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: New pics and scope waveforms

Richie,
Verrry nice presentation. Great work. Thanks for the effort.

One befuddlement:
The Secondary is referred to as being parallel resonant.
At parallel resonance, voltage is minimum across LC
  and minimum current is sourced from a parallel generator.

In a classic TC, Primary energy and its loss resistance
  is coupled as a low impedance series generator into the Secondary,
  effecting a Series Resonant condition.
  The generator current is maximum (requiring a low Z source),
   limited by Rdc_inductor+SeriesEquivCoupledPri&ArcLoad,
   the LC junction (top of Sec) voltage is maximum at resonance.

   Discharges represent resistance in parallel with both Sec L & C,
   that can be represented as an equivalent Sec series resistance.

Comment ?
Am I confused ? perhaps series=parallel depending on how viewed ?

The Primary LC is parallel resonance since energy is provided
  in parallel from precharged Pri Cap prior to a brief switch closure
  to transfer stored energy.
  When the switch is open the generator charges the Cap in
  a dormant, not part of the resonant period, isolating its losses (?).

Perhaps the confusion is due to the impulse excitation of TC's Vs continuous
 nature of the generator (signal source) so a comparison loses meaning ?

Help ?

Regards, Dale