[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: V-27 tube coil: latest results

<< Original Poster: "Dr. John W. Gudenas" <jgudenas-at-admin.aurora.edu>

> John
> very interesting work. Is there any top load
> on the coil? If not, do you think an arc would break out
> in the staccato mode with top load? I have loaded top capacitance
> (with one of your toroids) and adjusted the tank capacitance
> and can get my CW tube coil to intensely arc over to a ground but not
> break out to open air, however the RF field area is nasty.
> John W. G.

Hi Dr. John,

I use a small 1.5" by 6" spun toroid, but I attach a 2.5" nail on top
of the toroid as a breakout point.  I haven't tried to get it to break
out to the air without the topload.  I did try with a VTTC that gives a
19" spark, and it refused to break out.  On that coil, I gained an inch
of spark length by using the toroid (with breakout point).  I haven't
tried this new coil without the topload.  Actually the old coil and the
new one uses the same 3" by 12" secondary and its primary, but
I'm using more input voltage and power.

Regards,
John Freau