[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: this cap made for trouble?

At 20:39 18/12/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: Jan Florian Wagner <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>
>
>Hi,
>
>about to turn from a TV flyback powered TC to something bigger during the
>holidays... The problem is now the tank capacitor, and I'd be very happy
>if someone could tell if I'm heading into trouble / a bad cap with the
>following ideas.
>
>I've made some tests with plastic bags (PE), and ordinary transparency
>sheets (like those you write on, not those for printer/copier), and both
>seem to stand 3kVAC very well. No clue about RF properties though. :o)

3M overhead transparencies are perfectly cut into nice A4 rectangles and I
considered these for a flat plate cap some time back.

PROBLEMS:

1.  These are polyester which is hopeless for RF.

2.  3M is a conservation supportive company and up to 30-50% of the
material used is recycled, so the sheets may look fine but will have a high
component of impurity.

I didn't bother going any further :-(

Cheers

Mark