[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

My "novel" top electrode

I've given more thought to the practicality of the top-electrode idea
whose plans I recently offered up (for a few $ and to some
disapprobation).  Basically, I require that you make a large no. of
identical spring-wire pieces, with a simple hook at each end, and then
hook them onto ring-shaped formers so that, together, they form a
toroidal shape.  But I realize that the 14 ga. phosphor bronze spring
wire I specify comes coiled and not straight, the as-received coil may
not be exactly circular in cross-section, and pulling it to an initial
straightnesss is not a task for the faint-hearted or -muscled.  If not
either straight or all exactly of the same initial curvature, then the
formed pieces will not come out having the same curvature and the toroid
will be malformed.  So...be advised, those who feel inclined to take me
up on my offer!

Ken Herrick

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.