[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: wire

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 21:10:02 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: "Fred Vermeer" <fredvermeer-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> I would be safe to say spark plug wire, found at your local auto
> parts
> dealer.  It is very well insulated, and can handle a lot of juice.
> It is
> what I am planning to use on my 15kv 30ma coil.

I wouldn't do that if I were you...    ..as far as I know spark plug wire
uses carbon fibers for the conductor=HV resistor. I doubt the TC would
work very well at all with it...   plus the cable would probably smoke
and melt if you ran too much power though it.

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.