[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wire

Hi Coilers:

On my second coil which is now under construction I'm using the individual
conductors from a length of 8/3 Type SJ extension cord.  They are flexible
and the insulation seems pretty good on its own, but to be safe I've put
some hardware store variety plastic tubing over them as well.

The coil is a 4" x 16" secondary with a 4" dryer duct toroid a foot in
diameter as top loading.  Primary is 16 turns of 1/4" copper tubing on
1/2" centres with 15 degree coning.  Cap is 6 x 650 mL NaClH2O for now
with a stack of barium titanate doorknobs on the way.  Gap is an RQ of
standard design and power is from two 10 KV, 23 mA. OBIT's paralleled
and protected with an RCL network in each HV leg.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca