From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 5:48 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: HV connectors needed!

Original Poster: "Marco Denicolai" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs.fi>

Hello!

I am desperately seeking for HV connectors (cable plug + panel socket, 1
pole)
capable to carry 20 kV 1A.

Up to now I have found 3 sources:

www.reynoldsindustries-dot-com
Nice stuff for avionics, but price is $140 per plug (!). Shipping asap

www.lemo.ch
Very nice stuff, price is about $60 per plug, but connector size is BIG,
about 3
 cm diameter by 10 cm length. Shipping 1 week.

www.amp-dot-com
The LGH series price is about like Lemo's, but they are also big and
shipping
time is 10-14 weeks.

www.caton-dot-com
Their Series 14 seems to suit to me. Plug is only 1 cm by 6 cm (30 kV).
I sent them last week an email asking for distributors in Europe. Never got
an
answer (maybe they are on Chritmas holidays?)
These should be suitable size and (maybe) suitable price too.

- Could some of you guys there in the US contact Caton and let me know about
their prices and distributors in Europe?
- Does anybody know any other source of HV connectors like I am looking for
(20
kV 1A) ?

Thank for your help.

Happy New Year.