[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ok, so maybe we will have plenty o' NSTs : )

Nathan,Antonio,All:
big snip
>>One man I talked to said that it was probably PETG, Polyethylene
>> Teraphthalate Glycol or something, and that it was the plastic used to make
> >two liter bottles and such.

Also known as Vivak

>>>But this plastic deforms easily with heat, and someone said
>>>on this list that it is rather dissipative at RF frequencies.

beware! There may be some confusion between;
PETG-Glycol modified polyethylene terephthalate (a.k.a. copolyester)  and
Polyethylene Terephthalate (biaxially oriented no less!) a.k.a. Mylar.
these are related materials to be sure
and I suspect that the electrical properties are similar,but....( my
electrical data on the petg is vague).  as an aside many bottles have high
recycle content (always bad)
Robert