[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Operation - was "Harmonics"

  I have to agree with this first post and not with the
second. We live in a "low impedance world", we need
current not just a potential, and Tesla's system just won't fly.
 I don't believe for a moment the story of the little oscillator
causing a building to almost come down or a minor earth quake.
 That explanation of resonant rise is not based on any logical
thought. To create such an effect the oscillator would have to
constantly over ride the loss in the system by ever increasing
amounts, otherwise the vibration would rise to a certain level
then no further. Losses constantly have to be OVERRIDDEN, there
is no free lunch. Don't misunderstand me, I respect deeply Tesla and
his contributions and intelligence, he just can't BS the experimenters
of the 1990's like the ones of 1900.

Respectfully,

Mark Graalman

On Wed, 03 Feb 1999 12:25:33 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
>Original Poster: Robert Volk <smrtmny2-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
>> Of course, the basic idea is present in any radio transmission,
>where an
>> oscillator irradiates energy through a resonant antenna, and another
>> resonant
>> antenna, aided by additional resonant circuits, receives the same
>> signal.
>> But this is useful only for information transmission. For power
>> transmission
>> the idea is extremely inefficient.
>>
>> Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz
>
>Inefficient compared to what Antonio? I think Tesla was basing the
>eficiency models on the resonance matching the earth's natural
>resonance
>via standing wave.
> Maybe I'm wrong, but if he caused an earthquake around New York City
>via a small oscillator in resonance, I'd say efficiency was much
>higher
>than what one would expect from a small instrument.
>I believe it's the same thing he was proposing via Wardencliff. Once
>the
>earth resonance was brought into tune,(like pushing a swing),I don't
>think it would take much to keep it going...
>
>Bob V

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]