[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: pole pig needed

Michael Baumann
Coiler, Homebrewer, Nerd. mycroft-at-access1-dot-net

> Original Poster: Brandywine <brandywine-at-writeme-dot-com>
>
> Doctor,
>    How should I ask this?? ....Well, Would you still advise avoiding a PCB
> filled transformer if it can obtained without a bunch of paper work
> attached to
> it?
Perfectly fine way of asking it. And the answer is *YES*
>    I'm not one to advocate flaunting the law. On the other hand,
> the EPA is an
> agency out of control, in my opinion. Do I hear you saying that PCB pigs
> should
> be avoided completely?
Perhaps it is. However, PCBs are one of the few substances that have been
proven to be both mutagenic and carinogenic. Very *very* bad stuff. Someday
you may want to get rid of that pig, or your kids will when you die
(everyone
does, sooner or later) and then they get stuck with the bill.