[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Operation - was "Harmonics"

At 02:18 AM 2/7/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Original Poster: "John H. Couture" <COUTUREJH-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

>All coupled
>dual RCL circuits are represented by 4th order differential equations. The
>Corum's equations are just a sample.

>However, I have never seen a solution
>for the actual coupled TC primary and secondary circuits using the 4th order
>differential equations. I doubt that anyone has ever done this. I hope that
>coilers will not refer me to books that are hard to find and do not show the
>proper information.

I refer you to National Semiconductors web page, go find their app notes
(they have pdf app-notes from their web page, but I got a copy of the most
excellent Linear Applications Handbook" which BTW, includes and analog, true
RMS power meter) , AN-779 " A Basic Introduction to Filters - Active,
Passive, and Switched-Capacitor". The math involves equations (quadratics,
and factored terms for higher-orders) in S, or Laplace transforms rather
than derivatives & integrals. They have other relevant articles of Forier
Xform, et.

>The building and testing must be done by skilled coilers who are
>well versed in Tesla coil engineering so they can recognize and make only
>correct conclusions from what the tests are telling them.

Ha ha ha, he he he, ho ho ho. Another unbiased, impartial scientist :-)