[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tuning coils

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Robert Volk <smrtmny2-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>
> Another question to you experienced coilers:
>
> Richard Quick had a post in the archives about tuning coils. My question
> is: Have any of you worked in this area? Is it possible to construct a
> tuning coil at the 3rd or 4th harmonic of the frequency of the secondary
> transmitting coil? Ir seems Tesla said this was so in his patents. Help
> from you veterans who've worked with these?
>
> Bob V

	Some time back someone posted the results of some harmonic measurements
with a spectrum analyzer.  Harmonics (due presumably to nonlinearity in
the conduction of the primary gap or the secondary streamers) are
present, but not very much power in them.  If you look at CSN photos you
will see that the harmonically-excited coils were small.

Ed

Ed