[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Back on the list

Hello to all,

Well I'm back on the Tesla list after about a year and a half. I have been
spending the last year or so involved in one of my other hobbies:
Pyrotechnics. One could say that Tesla coiling is Electro-Pyrotechnics in
the visual sense, although the physics of electrical discharge and chemical
combustion are not too closely related. Recently I had the luck of finding
a pair of 833A transmitting tubes, and have thrown together a MOT powered
Tube coil using these two tubes, with some expert help from John Freau.
Thanks again for all your help John! Although, I am still only getting a
14" discharge when I should be getting 20", am sure I will eventually get
close, just need to keep tinkering...

Some time ago there were several folks who were working on voice modulation
of tube coils, And I was wondering how successful they might have been,
anyone care on discussing this?

Also, I am still in search for a REAL transformer, and so far T&R still
sounds like the best bet, but I just can't afford the ~$400 for the pig
($150 just for shipping) at this time, anyone in Western Oregon know of any
sources? I am in Eugene and the local utilities will not sell to the public
:>(  My 15 kV -at- 120 mA neon is nice, but I just know that it will die some
day, they are just not made for the abuse we coilers dish out! Any ideas
for a broke coiler (already spent my tax return on two variacs)?

Regards,

David Trimmell