[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: caps an the resonant freq.

Kerry,
I made my 3 rolled poly caps (.03uF each total in series of .01uF) of
aluminum foil and 6 mil plastic from Home Depot. I didn't have a vacumn
pump (though I'm looking into it now), but I used something that worked
well. I used my palm sander (4" square electric sander), turned it
upside down without sandpaper on it of course, then put my new caps
filled with oil, on top of it, and turned it on. The vibration
transfered to the cap was varied by how firmly I held it down on the
sander. It very quickly vibrated the bubbles up and out and I refilled
the caps slightly, then immediately started breaking them in at low
power. I've had no problems and they fire great! Maybe this can help
you.

Bob V