[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube coil capacitors

At 05:10 PM 2/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
snip........

>   I've considered one option: Digikey has Panasonic polypropylene caps
>rated at .0056 uf, 1600 vdc. They're fairly inexpensive, so multiple units
>could be purchased and series/parallel combined to produce just about any
>value  needed. The ability to vary capacitance is of obvious value. Also, I
>wonder if the use of polyprop units will result in a higher  circuit Q over
>that which would be effected by using Mica caps? snip....

Other things have pulled me away from my many caps primary cap project but
I wanted to say that those Panasonic poly caps have performed with
excellence for me!  They run cold and have very high margin.   I think
mixing them together to get a desired value will provide a very good and
reliable device!  The 630 volt ones I use break at around 2400 volts.  When
I take them apart (I am a failure analysis engineer), their internal
construction is very good.  I would not hesitate using them for any TC use.

	Terry