[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Simple Questions

I have, over perhaps the last two weeks, extensively researched the
topic of how to build a Tesla Coil. I mostly understand it - I feel that
I could build one now if given all the supplies - but I am confused by
constantly condridicting information. I have a few questions that I
would like cleared up.

1. Apart from the bottom end of the secondary coil, what should I ground
for maximum safety?

2. If I am using a 7kV neon sign transformer for power (I do not yet
know the amperage), what sort of capaciter do I need? Will a Leydan jar
do?

3. I am planning to use a flat primary coil with 0.38 - 0.5 inch
spacing. How tall should the secondary be, in comparison to this?

Thank you for you help.

wiglaf256-at-hotmail-dot-com