[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Coiling in the UK - Teslathon May 99

Hi Alan/et al,
           Many thanks for considering this again.
Saturday 29th May is fine with me.
Please let me know if I can help in some way with the organising.

I think we need to keep a close eye on safety during the event.
I think some sort of a cordon is a must, to separate the coils and their
operators from the viewers.

I can provide some suitable rope and poles if required!

Also, may I suggest that one "M.C" has strict control over the firing of
each coil, so that no-one "fires at will" with the risk of zapping a fellow
coiler!
Maybe with the control off one roving supply cable to avoid misfires!

In any case, it adds to the "anticipation" off the display if everyone gets
a warning first before a coil is fired!

On the aesthetics front, some sort of black-out (or should that be
brown-out) is needed along the windows.
I have plenty of A1 sized flipchart paper, but it is not too opaque.

I'm wondering how many are planning to bringing coils along.
I have made some advances with my RSG now, so it might be of interest to the
gathering.
It is fairly sturdy, and should not explode!
The whole rotor is housed in a heavy box to catch anything that might fly
off!

BTW, I can bring my own CO2 extinguisher!

                   Cheers  Martin Dale, TCBON