[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube coil capacitors

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
>
> > Original Poster: "G. Lambert" <
> > it seems to me that what Tesla did almost a century ago, hasn't been
> > really equalled yet. I know that most, if not all of us could not spend
> > the money or time to build what he did, but even the understanding or
> > math behind what he did seems to only be realized by some.
> >
> > Gene Lambert
>
> I would say that what Tesla accomplished has been well and truly
> surpassed by some advanced coilers on the list.
>
> Malcolm

  I believe Malcom to be correct in his statement above.  Most of this is due
to modern materials,  techniques, and instrumentation.  I am sure that if
Tesla were still alive and in search of spark, he would be at the top of the
heap today, just as he was then.  His 1899 accomplishments were stunning for
his time, but relatively easy to surpass today.

Richard Hull, TCBOR