[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Elementary Lecture

Ross,

One explanation could be that Brian's secondary has a fairly high Q.
Bringing the ground rod near the terminal introduces more capacitance to
the secondary which may detune it enough to reduce spark length.  This
theory could be tested by increasing the primary inductance slightly (add a
few tenths of a turn) to see if the arcs to the ground rod get a little
longer.

--Steve