[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hand Operated Pump

In a message dated 1/1/99 4:07:06 AM Mountain Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  Here's to another year of coiling,
>
>              Adam

Adam,
    That pump might do very well for pumping out caps, but I wouldn't expect
it to do well for exhausting globes and tubes too well.  It may get low enough
for a plasma globe(I don't know how far they have to be pumped down to get
good results).  The problem with brass is that the zinc will beging to outgas
at high vacuum.    I have a couple of old sargent welch high vacuum pumps
meant for 10-4 torr.  They have no brass fittings or parts.
Hope this helps,
Mike