[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid Design .

"It is interesting to note that the French physicist Charles Augustin de
Coulomb (1736-1806) figured all this out 214 years ago.

Robert J. Van de Graaff was born in 1901 (young by great physicist
standards) but I doubt if he is still living.

I hope I did all this right.  In college I was attracted to girls more
that
point charges :-))

        Terry
        terryf-at-verinet-dot-com "

Terry:

	Thanks for working out this explanation based on conservation of
energy.  Hadn't done it myself because of (hopefully temporary) eye
problems.

	As for "(young by great physicist standards)", the work for which most
Nobel prize winners received their prizes (at least up into the 1940's)
was done before they were 25!!!!!!!

Ed