[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rheostats

In a message dated 1/3/99 7:20:53 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original Poster: Michael Tucknott <Michael.Tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>

 Hi all
 I have just picked up a number of rheostats for next to no money and I
 was wondering
 if any of these or combinations of them may be usued to limit the
 current in to the
 pole pig Dr B and myself have just got our hands on(15 KVA)

 The Rheostats have the following values:-

      Amps     Ohms     Qty
      2.8      160      1
      10       4.5      1
      3        24       1
      4        8.5      2
      5        6.5      1
      3.3      14       2
      3.3      28.5     3
      5        15       1

 Any thoughts or comments on this little lot will be very helpful.

 Cheers Mike Tucknott

Mike,

I use a 5,000 watt variac rated at 42 amps as a ballast for my 5 kva
distribution transformer.

Ed Sonderman