[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hello Listers

In a message dated 1/7/99 4:32:57 AM Mountain Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  If someone could please help me in making my TC work I would appreciate it
>  lot. THANKS!

For a coil that size,  I would use more like 28g - 30g wire on the secondary
to get many more turns and much lower freq.  I would also use a solenoid
primary instead of a flat coil for this size for tighter coupling(small coils
can have a lot more coupling than big ones).   I would go with more primary
capacitance as well.  You could get away with about twice what you have and
not hurt the trannie,  but at the very least you should go with the 0.0008 to
get the resonant charging, which should help.
Hope this helps
Mike