[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sonotube loss corrections

to: Adam

A sonotube will work fine with your system.  We have used tubes up to 16
inch dia with spark outputs to 7 feet and never had any breakdown or
tracking problems.  After heating as Eddie suggested, then apply 3 coats of
G.E. Glyptal to both inside and outside of the coilform before winding.
Allow 12 hours to dry between each coat.  Be sure to wipe the form down
thoroughly with alcohol before coating.  After winding, apply 2-3 more
coats of Glyptal if using PVC covered wire, or Dolph's AC-43 air dry
varnish if using magnet wire.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Sonotube loss corrections
> Date: Saturday, January 09, 1999 10:26 PM
>
> Original Poster: Eddie Burwell <eburwell-at-HIWAAY-dot-net>
>
> At 04:52 PM 1/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >Original Poster: "Adam Parker" <park_e_r-at-hiwaay-dot-net>
> >
> >Hey,
> >As I've mentioned before, I've got ahold of one of those big
sonotube-forms.
> >According to Richard's Guide the Colorado Springs Notes (May I add that
> >HIGHLY recommend this book to any Tesla builder, even if they don't own
> >copy of the notes. It can be had at:
>
>http://www.amazon-dot-com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0963601229/qid%3D915755324/002-42385
1
> >9-0607813 ), the card board material is about the worst thing on the
face of
> >the earth as far as overall Q goes. I know it should definately be
treated
> >to lower conductivity. But what can I do that will help the loss? I know
> >can't all but eliminate it, but, how much improvement would a layer of
LDPE