[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Coil (and cap?) INSIDE Secondary Coil

>SNIP>>>
>	I had this thought the other day.  Since capacitiors are usually
rolled.
>Would it be possible to use a capacitor as both the primary capacitor
and
>primary inductor in one unit?  In other words, the spiral plates of the
cap
>would also serve as a spiral primary inductor?  Or, would the fields
always
>canecl the effect??  such a unit would be really neat for the
situations
>where you would insert the primary inside the secondary.

Self inductance of caps/ self capacitance of coils is a technique
sometimes used in radio freq. design... It can be done, but you would
need to carefully work it out. I doubt if a shop bought cap would
fortuitously work like this for a coil. Maybe consider the reverse:
aprimary coil wound of a flat ribbon wire such that there was a high
cap. between windings?