[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Active Regulation of DC Resonant Chargers

Snip...

>I called Ross Engineering and inquired about their HV dividers.  They
make
>a 15 and 30 kV divider applicable to our specifications.  Mr. Ross
>recommended a 30 kV divider if rectifying a 14.4 kV pig.  He does not
>recommend a wideband or compensated divider for DC or 60 Hz.  The
dividers
>are fixed at the buyers requirement, example 1000:1.  They have very
high
>input impedance, usually 300 megaohms.  So, divider output current is
very
>low.
>
>Price for the 30 kV DC HV divider? --------   $900.00.
>
>No doubt an accurate HV divider can be built using HV, high wattage,
>precision resistors like those Victoreen resistors, the likes of which
R.
>Hull is so fond.
>
>RWW
I recently bought a 1000:1 hv divider probe for my multimeter which is
guaranteed to work to 40 KV . Input impedance = 1000meg, spec'd as 5%
accuracy into a 10 meg multimeter or other measuring device. This cost
me only about $200 so this  could be a good option to consider . Made by
fluke and M/a com (2 options - fluke is more expensive)